Apiary Clean-up and Maintenance Days Friday 11th September, 4-6pm, and Saturday 12th September 10-12am
We had a successful first apiary day last week but there are still a number of clean-up and maintenance jobs that need doing while the weather is still fine. We are looking for volunteers for the following tasks (you need to bring your own tools):
- Preparation of shed before painting. If you have a powered sander and / or coarse sandpaper please bring it along.
- Ground work to paving slabs – bring shovel
- Heavy gardening / clearance – bring cutters / loppers etc.
- Rubbish collection (heavy duty work gloves)
- You will need a bee suit to work in the apiary.
If you can help, please contact Sandra Simpson