- This event has passed.
21 May @ 10:00 - 16:00£10.00
This is an introductory course for members.
The course will be given by Sarah Jinks, a biology teacher at St Clare’s School in Oxford and will take place in her school laboratory. The cost will be £10 and you will need to bring your own lunch.
This will be an introductory course to light microscopy and will cover:
1. Introduction to a light microscope, the parts and setting it up.
2. Staining pollen and looking at it under the microscope (preparing slides)
3. Examining bees under the microscope
4. Examining varoa mites etc under the microscope
If we have time we may cover:
• Centrifuging honey and identifying pollen
• Examination for acarine mites and / or nosema spores
• Preparing bees for examination (slide preparation / mounting)